FLORAPYR AVANCE : To contribute to the OPCC on the evolution and conservation of flora and vegetation, and to develop knowledge and citizen participation.
To contribute to the Pyrenean Climate Change Observatory by maintaining and enhancing the knowledge basis on biodiversity and by creating references and indicators on the evolution of flora and vegetation, useful for adaptation strategies
To develop the appropriation of climate change and biodiversity topics by the different publics through the transfer of knowledge and results as well as through participative science processes.
Monitoring and conservation of flora in the context of climate change by integrating citizen participation
- 1 To create a participatory monitoring network (and consolidate those already established) of plants and habitats in the Pyrenees
- 2 To create the methodology and develop the participatory monitoring of exotic invasive plants
- 3 To set up a cross-border network of seed banks
- 4 To develop a seed collection program in the Pyrenees
- 5 Field sampling for material collection
- 6 Ex situ conservation, study and cultivation of collected material and compilation of information in the database
To produce and develop indicators on species and environments sensitivity regarding climate change, maintain and update knowledge basis
- 1 To monitor the 14 snowbeds sites and update the indicators
- 2 To monitor the OTC system and assess the response of sensitive vegetation to climate change
- 3 To model the potential alpine snowbeds areas in the Pyrenees and develop small-scale monitoring by remote sensing
- 4 To develop a method for assessing the dynamics of high-altitude agro-pastoral environments using remote sensing and drones
- 5 To update the information portal and the data of the Pyrenean flora atlas
- 6 To integrate fungi data into the atlas and provide the OPCC portal with new information layers
To follow-up and surveillance network for flora and vegetation based on the participation of citizens and managers or users of natural areas
- Cross-border network of seed banks
- Indicators for monitoring snowbeds
- Evaluation and monitoring of the dynamics of agro-pastoral vegetation
- Update and improvement of the online atlas of the Pyrenean flora
- Production/update of information layers for the OPCC portal.
- Conservatoire botanique pyrénéen agréé Conservatoire botanique national des Pyrénées et de Midi-Pyrénées (CBNPMP)
- Conservatoire botanique national botanique méditerranéen de Porquerolles (CBNMed)
- Consorci del Museu de Ciències Naturals de Barcelona (CMCNB)
- Universitat de Barcelona (UB)
- Instituto Pirenaico de Ecología - Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (IPE-CSIC)
- Aranzadi Zientzia Elkartea – Sociedad de Ciencias Aranzadi (SCA)
- Andorra Recerca + Innovació (ARI)
- LPO France – Pyrénées Vivantes Education Network
- Bazzania S.C. Investigación y gestión en Biodiversidad
- Gipuzkoako Foru Aldundia
- Sociedad Ibérica de Micología
- Gestión Ambiental de Navarra-Nafarroako Ingurumen Kudeaketa (GAN-NIK)
Total: 599.854,74 €
FEDER: 369.753,38 €
The project has been 65% cofinanced by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Interreg V-A Spain-France-Andorra program (POCTEFA 2014-2020). POCTEFA aims to reinforce the economic and social integration of the French–Spanish–Andorran border. Its support is focused on developing economic, social and environmental cross-border activities through joint strategies favouring sustainable territorial development.
The project is also cofinanced by the State (France-FNADT Pyrenean Massif), Occitanie and New Aquitaine regions.